Gosnells Golf Club was formed on August 13th, 1945, after a meeting held in the Gosnells Hall by a group of golf enthusiasts.
The original 18-hole course, at Maddington, opened on 19th May 1946. The original Clubhouse was nothing like the spectacular home members and guests enjoy now.
The current location, on Sandringham Promenade, Canning Vale, was discovered by Athol Doig in the course of his employment as a quarry engineer. After a thorough investigation of the site, Athol and the club champion Lindsay George decided that it was suitable for development as a golf course. It proved to be a far-sighted decision and one that has subsequently benefitted many thousands of Gosnells members.
An application was made to Gosnells Road Board and in due course land known as Jandakot AA 120 was designated as a Class A Reserve for the playing of golf. The course was designed by Murray Dawson, with assistance from WAGA Course Advisory.
A new course needed a new Clubhouse and the original building was constructed in 1962, before undergoing major renovations in 1993 and again in 2014 with refurbishments to the members’ lounge and change rooms.
Gosnells Golf Club has come a long way from the days of those early pioneers and now proudly enjoys some of the finest facilities to be found anywhere in the area.
We honour our Life Members:
Jean B Anderson (inducted in 1988)
Allan Mackenzie (inducted in 2003)
Sally Mackenzie (inducted in 2013)
Lawrie Bennett (inducted in 2021)
Allan Bradshaw (inducted in 2021)