Welcome to Gosnells Golf Club. It’s the perfect place for your junior golfer to grow their game and meet lots of new friends.
No matter whether your junior golfer likes to play social golf or is keen on getting a handicap and playing competition golf, we have a successful program that supports them to achieve their goals and have fun in a safe environment.
For those seeking to improve their skills levels, our Golf Professionals have a heavy focus on junior golf and do a great job in developing skills in a supportive way.
Whilst ongoing coaching is an important aspect in improving our golf games, getting out on the course regularly is the best way to learn and this is where the fun starts.
Our junior membership allows unrestricted course access during casual play times. For those more interested in competition golf, we have a structured junior competition (on available Sundays) to suit all levels of golf skills.
- Tiger Tees – (5 and 9 hole options) This format is for those juniors who are new to on course golf. It features a half length course with modified rules to make it easier for those who are developing their skills.
- Modified Stroke – ( 9 holes) This format is for juniors who have at least 6 months experience. It features a full length course with most of the same rules as Tiger Tees.
- 18 hole competitions – This format is for experienced juniors who have obtained a handicap. Juniors play in weekly competitions and strive to be the annual Order of Merit Champion.
Our Junior Committee members provide on course support and mentoring through each of these competition formats to ensure our juniors are comfortable on course.
Applying to become a junior member is easy,
Application form for Junior Membership (PDF).
If you would like to discuss junior membership in more detail – click here to contact our junior coordinator Glen Tueno
Junior High Performance Program (Summary)
This program was established to support junior members of GGC who;
- Have met performance criteria and have committed to a high-performance pathway
- Have committed to representing Gosnells Golf Club
A new squad is selected each year for the period March to February.
The intent of the program is for the group to work together as a team to improve performance and help foster elite players supported by a PGA Professional, Golf Operations Manager and the Junior Coordinator.
The group will have a minimum of 4 formal squad training sessions throughout the year to assist members in preparing for high-level tournament / competitions.
There are a number of behavioural and team culture expectations of the group – these revolve around being committed to the club, modelling appropriate behaviours and supporting other juniors.
To be considered for the High-Performance Program, juniors need to be playing a full junior tournament schedule – benchmarks are set in terms of the minimum number of tournaments.
Participate in the formal all-squad training sessions.
A generous reimbursement program is in place to offset the costs of entering and travelling to junior tournaments.
Junior State Squad Members
Separate from the funding provided to the High Performance Squad, any junior who is selected as part of the state junior squad, will receive additional funding to assist with travel to approved interstate tournaments.
Note: A minimum qualifying period of 12 months as a GGC Home Club member applies for any payment of junior funds.